Monday, September 22, 2008

Mari's Korea Adventure -- Day 3

Okay so when I woke up, I had a headache! It was a late night, and Tony and his friends introduced me to Soju - Korean rice wine.

We were to have woken up early to take the train to Seoul and run a "hash" race - google that and find some interesting fun - but we decided to stay close to home. Met a friend at McDonald's (another country down*) for burgers but it was too early so just had breakfast. Went to friend's house off base to hang out for a bit, and watched a movie. Then the rain started and continued so it turned into a lazy day of hanging out and watching movies. Met a few more of Tony's friends and really enjoyed the lazy day.

I was happy; I got to sleep in, I got to be lazy and irresponsible. What a vacation!

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I was asleep by 8:30pm. So much for the second honeymoon!! :)

* I've eaten at McDonald's in every country I've visited. US, Canada, England, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, & Poland thus far)

Note: Day four was a lot busier. Read on!

1 comment:

  1. Sleeping in......it was totally worth the 24 hour flight!

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete