Friday, May 01, 2009

Flashback #2 11 of 30

Let's set the scene: it's about 1994. I'm at an afternoon wedding at the NCO Club at Ft Myer, Virginia, for a co-worker. I searched high and low for a dress; I had found the *perfect* tobacco-colored linen sheath dress from Chadwicks of Boston ... but it did not arrive even though I ordered it weeks in advance. So the morning of the wedding Tony & I headed out to the nearest mall (Potomac Mills, literally hundreds of stores), and I found a passable dress.

The hair? Yeah, I have no explanation.



With special thanks to Melissa for scanning this one in!! That would be her, sitting next to me wearing the tasteful blue dress.

Yeah, when I found this hideousness of a dress and went home to rush through getting ready before hauling ass up the highway to the base, guess what was on my doorstep? You bet--a package containing the aforementioned tasteful tobacco-colored sheath dress. I think I didn't wear it out of spite.

After the wedding we stopped at a movie theatre in an adorable little picturesque shopping center (it sounds crazy, but this is Northern VA -- it had a waterwheel and duck pond) and watched "Forrest Gump" and I will always think of that dress as my "Forrest Gump" dress (because yes I did keep it and wear it again).

I hope this doesn't give you nightmares!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Your excuse for the hair was that it was 1994. Love the flashbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeks! I am having a bad flashback...I think I need to find a copy of my sister wearing that same dress! But alas she would kill me and she would be sisterless...so in an effort to save her from a lonely life...I will not post it. But thanksfor making me smile!

    ReplyDelete