Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I got the magic power of the music in me...

I'm a dork. I own that.
Whenever I use music to push myself to accomplish something I find difficult (like every run I take), I sing that old Triumph song in my head (please refer to title of post). It's a soaring hair-band song that got me through many angsty teen years and is still currently getting me through whatever it is you call these years right here.

Today I went out for a run (yay, the rain went away!), and what was waiting for me in my mailbox? My Race for the Cure packet.

This is my 2nd official 5K race, but the 3rd I'll be running as I got real motivated and signed up for another one, the weekend prior to this one (... I'm young now, I'm wild now, I want to be free! I got the magic power of the music in me! ...)

Anyway; I thought I would share some of the songs that helped to push me through my run today:

Dancing With Myself (Billy Idol)
Sin (Nine Inch Nails)
Beautiful People (Marilyn Manson)
Hey Ya! (Outkast)
Points of Authority/99 Problems (JayZ & Linkin Park)

I'm currently making a playlist to push me through these 2 races in October. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah - and before I forget:

2 comments:

  1. Any suggestions? Why, as a matter of fact...YES! LOL

    http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17667606539

    (Music Savvy Mom Interactive Playlist #3: Workout Music)

    Go, you! Love the blog - excited for Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no suggestions as I still have your playlist on my MP3. :-)

    ReplyDelete