Thursday, October 08, 2009

Rocktober 8

Today it's all about comfort food. And my music comfort food?
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon.


Track List:
Speak to Me
Breathe
On the Run
Time
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

I first fell in love with Pink Floyd's The Wall, but Dark Side continues to jockey for first place. Honestly it depends on how angsty I feel (much angsty=the wall; introspective=dark side).
Time has always been a favorite, and the lyrics resonate with me so much as I get older.
And Eclipse - my favorite music poem of all time:
All that you touch / All that you see / All that you taste / All you feel.
All that you love / All that you hate / All you distrust / All you save.
All that you give / All that you deal / All that you buy, / Beg, borrow or steal.
All you create / All you destroy / All that you do / All that you say.
All that you eat / And everyone you meet / All that you slight / And everyone you fight.
All that is now / All that is gone / All thats to come 
And everything under the sun is in tune / But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
I think it's about what happens when you die, and I hear it as a reminder to live in the present.
Plus, if you've never done it, you have to listen to this while watching The Wizard of Oz -- start the music after the lion's 2nd roar and then mute the movie, sit back and enjoy the happy coincidences.

2 comments:

  1. ..."Start the music right after the lion's second roar??" BWAHAHAHA!

    Oh, I WISH I could have been a fly on the wall when that lil' happenstance was discovered. I'll bet that room was well stocked in converted grains, dried herbs and random chemical compositions...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ri - that was so not my discovery, though I wish it had been! I read about it in Rolling Stone or something and being a hyooge fan of both the CD & the movie, I gave it a go. It's way cool!

    ReplyDelete