Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh, one of THOSE days.

Some days, not to put too fine a point on it, just plain suck. Now I haven't had one of those days in a little bit, but I'm no stranger to them. I heard this song the other day & while I'm not a churchy person, this song is one that really helps to pull me out of my own beehind when I'm having a crapalicious day. Here are the lyrics. Enjoy them and refer to them when things become craptastic.*
Lord, I hope this day is good / I'm feelin' empty and misunderstood / I should be thankful Lord, I know I should  But Lord, I hope this day is good
Lord, have you forgotten me / I've been prayin' to you faithfully / I'm not sayin' I'm a righteous man / But Lord, I hope you understand

I don't need fortune and I don't need fame / Send down the thunder Lord, send down the rain / But when you're planning just how it will be / Plan a good day for me

You've been the king since the dawn of time / All that I'm asking is a little less crime /
It might be hard fo the devil to do ...




* special thanks to the late Peter Boyle, who, in character on Everybody Loves Raymond, deserves a special award for his prolific and creative usage of the word 'crap' (and yes, I know he had writers; I prefer to attribute the usage directly to him... you know, with all due respect to the writers)

1 comment:

  1. I love this song and Don Williams. Probably because he's one of my Daddy's favorite singers.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete