Thursday, January 28, 2010

Restlessness.

So it's been about 24 hours since I've been out of the house (well, at least out of the driveway would be more accurate as I really have been out of the house several times today). I'm feeling very restless. I've drunk a bottle of wine (a nice little Pinot Grigio). So to prevent myself from the drunk dial, I made a playlist. Here it be:
Santa Monica - Everclear
The second song I ever sang karaoke to. I can still taste the mic.
Jealous Again - Black Crowes
Becky!? Girl, this is our song. Love it. Think of you every. single. time.
Alabama Song (Whisky Bar) - the Doors
Very self-serving. I love my whisky (and Jim Morrison).
Flag Pole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Every time I listen to this song, I hit repeat way too many times.
Possum Kingdom - the Toadies
Do you wanna die? No; but still, awesome jam.
Paralyzer - Finger 11
Dirty sexy personified.
Johnny Got a Boom Boom - Imelda May
This chick rocks - HARD. Great find, courtesy of Mitzi.
Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
When I was a kid, we had a "radio station" in the basement with a bunch of 45s. This is the first song I remember lip-syncing to when I was like 7 years old.
Salvation - Rancid
I. Love. Rancid. They are my new favorite band. Why is it that I discover punk rock at this point in my life? So many wasted years.
One Thing Leads to Another - the Fixx
Great lyrics & great rhythm.
Ball & Chain - Social Distortion
Reminds me of a string of fun nights out on the town in Alexandria, VA.
Psycho - Puddle of Mudd
Yeah, maybe you are the one. Or wait; maybe that's me?
Try it Again - the Hives
I got this CD after I heard the "Tick Tick Boom" song on a TV show (I'd heard it before but it never stuck; this time it did)
Aeroplane - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"I like pleausre spiked with pain and music is my aeroplane ..." 'nuff said. 
Der Kommisar - After the Fire
Best 80s song ever.
You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
Best Amy Winehouse song ever.
Hey Hey What Can I Do - Led Zeppelin
Just a good roll down the windows & sing along kind of song.
Blow My Mind - Big & Rich
Boom-boom-diddy-diddy-diddy fabulousness!
Points of Authority / 99 Problems / One Step Closer - Jay Z & Linkin Park
My fav Jay Z song turned into a rap/rock festival.
Give me Some Water - Eddie Money
Because of a night after the Newburg picnic, spent out in a field in Ozaukee County. God bless those McKay boys. And also, what other song has "Oh jeez!" in the lyrics?
My Sharona - the Knack
I remember listening to this 45 with the orange and yellow spiral in the middle on my denim-printed portable record player before church, way back in the day. Hello and welcome to the 1980s.
Keep Your Hands to Yourself - Georgia Satellites
The first song I ever sang karaoke to, at Cliffords Bar in Milwaukee. I got a standing ovation and nobody could belive it was my first time. I am a total ham, apparently.
Breaking the Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Good song. . Love the Blood/Sugar/Sex/Magic timeframe.
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Put yo' hands up!
Bloodclot - Rancid
Fantastic fabulous (which is a song I'm missing from Luscious Jackson that should go right here to be a companion to Bloodclot).
Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
I. Love. This. Song. Perfect beat for running and I don't care what he's really singing about.
Should I Stay or Should I Go - the Clash
A great song from the only band that reallly matters (if you ask their fans).
Pictures of You - the Cure
Love song perfection.
Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young
Neil Young mostly bugs me. Except for this song, which I love. 
Mexican Radio - Wall of Voodoo
Kitschy perfection.
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Remake of a remake of a remake & they made it their own. I see my high school years flash before my eyes every time I hear it.
Cream & Bastards Rise - Harvey Danger
So funny that I laugh every time I hear it.
Mercy - Duffy
It was overdone but now they've left it alone so I can like it again.
Electric Ave - Eddy Grant
This song is perfect; I thought so in 1982 (or whenever that was) & I think it now.
Lulu - Rancid
I. Love. Rancid. Didn't we cover this already?

1 comment:

  1. HOW have I "known" you for such a long time and had no idea you were a music twin?

    ReplyDelete