Friday, June 04, 2010

If I knew then what I know now.

Was I cute? Yes. Was I smart? That's debatable.
If I knew then what I know now:
  • I would not have dated the guy I had nothing in common with for two years.
  • I would have asked for a raise when I knew I deserved one.
  • I would not have gotten that tattoo in that guy’s kitchen.
  • I would have changed the oil in the Impala more than once.
  • I probably would have started smoking anyway.
  • I would have taken that solo trip.
  • I would have listened a little more closely to my intuition.
  • I would have become a runner in high school instead of in my 30s.
  • I would have written it all down when it was fresh instead of misremembering it later.
  • I would have celebrated the fact that I was smart instead of trying to be "cool" and act like I didn't know better.
  • I would not have wasted my time or money on that.
  • I would have spent less time bleaching my hair and more time taking care of my contacts. I don't think it was possible to reach that shade of blonde I had as a preschooler but I gave it a great effort.
  • I would have laughed a whole lot more, especially at myself.
  • I would not have wasted time trying to be anything but what I am.
  • I still would have married him after less than 6 months.

I share the meaningful songs from my misspent youth.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. On all points. GREAT playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't think I have the guts to do my own "If I knew then what I know now" list. Talk about standing naked in front of a room full of people... I take my hat off and curtsey with respect to my little sister and best friend. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete