Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Woop that Trick - the one with the iPod shuffle

I know what you're thinking. "Wow, two posts in one day!" Right? Well, my friend the Music Savvy Mom gave me a challenge to do the iPod shuffle and who am I to disobey? I love this kind of thing.

And yes, I usually am one of the ones who cheat at this. I will shuffle but skip through to find the songs I think are more fitting or make me look cool; but this time I just picked the next song that popped up, so my answers bring with them the shiny gleam of truth.

Want to play along? Of course you do. Directions are after my list.

The Great iPod Shuffle of ought-ten


1. Your child(ren) ask for the same toy 76 times during a single trip to Target. You say:

“Sympathy for the Devil” – Guns & Roses

2. First PTA meeting of the year. As you meet other parents, how do you describe yourself?
“Solsbury Hill” – Peter Gabriel

3. Most desirable quality in a Nanny/Babysitter?
“Mellow Yellow” – Donovan (love this one!)

4. You’ve been up all night with your infant. You still have to function today…perhaps even dress and go out! How do you feel about this?
“La Villa Strangiato” – Rush (full disclosure – this is not a song I listen to, it copied over with all the songs I like!)

5. Aside from being an awesome parent…what is your life’s purpose?
“Don’t You Want Me” – Human Leage (yup … narcissist, that’s me)

6. Let’s say you had to have a “Family Motto”. What’s yours?
“5 o’clock in the Morning” – the Donnas (… and if you can’t keep up; then you better shut up …)

7. Ahhhh, Wisteria Lane! What do your neighbors REALLY think of you?
“Take it to the Limit” – Eagles

8. How do your parents think you’re doing with this parenting gig…as compared to how THEY did with you?
“Bad, Bad Leroy Brown” – Jim Croce (not sure what to make of that one!)

9. Kids are finally sleeping; you’re wide awake in the middle of the night. What are you likely thinking about?
“Blue Guitar” – The Moody Blues

10. What’s the current condition of the Family Budget?
“In Thee” – Blue Oyster Cult (really?)

11. Spill it – what do you REALLY think of your In Laws?
“The KKK Took My Baby Away” – The Ramones (LMAO)

12. It’s Saturday – kids are at the Grandparents. What kicks off your “Date Night Soundtrack”?
“Money” – Pink Floyd

13. Summarize your concept of “Good Parenting”…
“I’m Wrong But You Ain’t Right” – Kid Rock (again; LMAO!)

14. Kids are grown and out of the house…you’re retired. What do you want to be doing?
“Hey Mickey!” – Toni Basil (really? Apparently I’ll be cheering when all that happens …)

15. Your husband/wife/significant other walks in cheerfully at the end of the day. You’ve been home with the kid(s) all day and are wiped out. Your first thought when you see them?
“Give it to Me Baby” – Rick James (oh yeah ….)

16. What will you dance to at your child’s wedding?
“Same in the End” – Sublime

17. Assuming you have extra time…what is your hobby/interest?
“Satisfy My Soul” – Bob Marley (Oh please, don’t you rock my boat … cause I don’t want my boat to be rockin’ …)

18. What is your biggest fear?
“Got My Mind Set on You” – George Harrison (what does this mean? I fear stalkers? Or underrated Beatles?)

19. Your theory on disciplining children?
“Give Me Some Water” – Eddie Money (… mama never understood … ‘nuff said)

20. You finally get a “Girls (or Guys) Night Out!” What do you think of your friends?
I’m Into Something Good” – Herman’s Hermits (perfect!)

What will you post this as?
“Woop that Trick” – Hustle & Flow soundtrack … OMG too, too funny!

Directions:

First: Go to Ri's site - click here.
1. Copy and paste the list below into a new post on your blog or the MSM forums found on her page.
2. Put your iPod, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
3. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
4. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS. (Well, type it. And remember to replace my answers with yours.)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, 13 and 15 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I flove you, too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, with Ri--13 & 15 crack me up. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....LOVE Give Me Some Water!

    ReplyDelete