Friday, January 20, 2012

It's fiction day!


So, once upon a time, when I was bemoaning the fact that I don't write as much as I should (see here if you don't remember) and that I was going to start writing in a notebook and then on the 20th of the month I would post something that I wrote?
Well, it's the 20th. So here goes nothing.

My stab at romantical fiction #1:
She knew him right away when she saw him; they had traded pictures and he looked just as advertised. He was wearing well-worn jeans that hugged his hips, a black T-shirt and a buttery black leather jacket. His hair was a little long for a grown man, and as he lifted his head to search the new arrivals he pushed them back on his forehead. He smiled timidly as his eyes met hers and she smiled back and started to walk down the remaining moving stairs.

"Hey," he said with another shy smile.

"Hey," she said back.

They shifted a bit nervously, not knowing how to rephrase their easy banter into the real world.  He guided her out of the river of people with a hand at the small of her back.

"How was your flight?" he asked, making small talk.

"Good," she said. "Very long and no food, but overall, good."

"I'm glad to hear it," he said with a nod. "Uh, since you said you only had your backpack I brought my bike." He gestured to two helmets on the chair near where they stood. "It's such a beautiful day and since you've never been here and can't check into your hotel for a few hours, I thought you might like a ride."

"As long as we can go somewhere for food, that sounds great," she replied.

"You might want to take off your earrings," he said, pointing to the jeweled hoops she wore. "The helmet fits a bit snug."

"Oh, of course!" she said as she moved her hands to remove them. She removed one but the second was stuck and her brow knotted. "I don't know what's wrong with this," she said as she blindly struggled to remove the hoop.

"Here, let me," he said as he moved closer to see what was wrong. He brushed her hair away from her ear. The touch caused her breath to catch and he paused, looking directly in her eyes, just inches away.

"The clasp is bent on the back," he said as he removed the earring. When his palm touched her cheek she couldn't stop her face from turning, ever so slightly to meet his hand.

She looked up and he was looking down at her. His eyes flicked to her lips for a quick second before he leaned in and kissed her, slowly and gently. He started to move away, but her hands slid inside his jacket and along the muscles of his side.

"I..." he said.

"Shh..." she said.

And he moved in to kiss her again, stepping forward to meet her. She slipped her arms fully around him, cocooned inside his jacket and returned his kiss.

"I knew it would be dangerous to meet you."

2 comments:

  1. Definitely hot! Nothing like an airport first date (or so I've been told)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lisa! I'm going to try another genre next. Should be interesting, to say the least. ;)

    ReplyDelete