Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Isn't it ironic?

Driving home from the gym, I happen to glance at my odometer. I had filled up with gas earlier that day and not driven anywhere except back home (about half a mile) and to the gym. Which, round-trip, is about 20 miles. And while I was at the gym, I did intervals for about 2 miles around the track. I didn't even go inside. I just ran outside. And I drove over 10 miles from my house (with the flat landscape & the sidewalks) for the privilege to do so.


I came home and put this status on Facebook:
Irony: driving to a gym that's farther away than the distance you plan to run when you get there.
So, while I'll continue to use the gym for all of the good parts, I'm pledging to run more in my neighborhood. Because isn't that why running is a great exercise option? You just lace up your shoes and hit the track.

Oh, were it that easy! But that's a post for another day.

Today's playlist:



  1. The Rascal King (Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
  2. Can't Get Enough of You Baby (Smash Mouth) -- yes, Smash Mouth, the Guy Fieri of music
  3. New Pollution (Beck)
  4. Rock the Casbah (The Clash)
  5. Hey Jealousy (Gin Blossoms)
  6. Just a Girl (No Doubt)
  7. Rush (Big Audio Dynamite)
  8. She Has a Girlfriend Now (Reel Big Fish)
  9. The Harder They Come (Jimmy Cliff)
  10.  Pressure Drop (Toots & the Maytals)
  11. Janie Jones (The Clash)
I believe this playlist was courtesy of my iTunes Genius button, based off the 'Bosstones song, "The Impression that I Get." It was the winningest running playlist so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment