Saturday, June 09, 2012

We meet again

I did not want to run again. That last run totally took the wind out of my sails. I struggled to do just one lap, 1.5 miles, and I wasn't looking forward to this. But I was working at home. Stressed. Needed a workout. Had enough time to get one in, plus a shower, before getting the kids. So here goes nothing...
It was the perfect storm! The weather was good, the music was awesome, and I increased my distance while improving my time. Reminded me what I love about running, and even hit that point where you just don't want the run to end... for a few minutes at least. No, I didn't hit a really long distance, but I got lost in it; I almost broke through the wall that stops you from truly enjoying the process.

I can see the possibilities that are there if I continue to apply shoes to asphalt, commit to improving time and distance.

Why can't every time be like this?

Today's winning playlist:

  1. New York Groove (Ace Frehley)
  2. The Seeker (The Who)
  3. Teenage Lobotomy (The Ramones)
  4. Hush (Deep Purple)
  5. Mr. Brownstone (Guns & Roses)
  6. Back in the Saddle (Aerosmith)
  7. The Zoo (The Scorpions)
  8. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (George Thorogood)
  9. Gypsy Road (Cinderella)
  10. Over the Mountain (Ozzy)
Again, no idea why the whole playlist is not posting; if anyone reading this has an idea, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment