Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Week in Words (September 16-22)

So, what did you do this week? Here's what I did:

Wrote up a top 5 pop culture moments post at Chick Wit because a lot of stuff happened last week, and it was really hard to focus on just 1.

Then over at MetroFamily I apologized for bringing the chill. Of course I don't control the weather, but I'm just saying, that when I needed a chilly, overcast day? I got one.

Friday I talked 80s pop songs at the Music Mamas, and combined with a picture of Donna Mills in her full 80s glory (teased up, bleached out hair and pink and blue and frosted makeup), I realized that intentionally or not, she was my 80s style icon because that is how I styled myself. And I would spend over an hour each day getting myself into that condition. Then someone said Bonnie Tyler and then I had to watch this:



I know what you're thinking ... how did they get so much awesome into that one little clip? It boggles the mind, it does.

1 comment: