Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Favorite book?

Today's NABLOPOMO Prompt:
Talk about the opening of your favorite book.

I got nothing. I can't even think of my favorite book right now, I'm overcome with tasks and to-dos. If pressed to choose, I would always choose To Kill a Mockingbird, but I couldn't tell you how it opens. It's rarely the first chapter or the opening that grabs me, it's usually a combination of things or the end that hooks me. I love Walden but it's a book that I have to work to get into before I get to the moment of enjoyment. Wicked is up there, but I can't tell you how it opens.

But I think the one that probably sticks in my head is The Lovely Bones, I don't even have to pick up the book to remember that opening line.

My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973.


No comments:

Post a Comment