Friday, November 09, 2012

Indeed; 'tis Friday.

-->
But I write these, for the most part, the night before. So actually, it's Thursday. And there are 2 major moments in music that happened to me today.


Music Moment 1. I heard this song today:

Wow. I had totally forgotten about this song. Maybe that's a good thing. But it sure made me happy to hear it, so I'm going to go with no it isn't. It's The Kings singing The Beat Goes On / Switchin' to Glide. I think it's made of win. Yes, even with that Buggles-esque keyboard in there. Clearly they were straddling genres in 1980.

Music Moment 2. My kids were running around singing Taylor Swift.

We! Are never! Ever! Ever! Going to get back together! 

No, honey; it's "Getting back together."

Eventually they got it. After I corrected them about a hundred times. Seriously? I can put up with a lot, but I do get all kinds of stabby when you mess up the lyrics (unless it's in a funny way, and then I just laugh at/with you and then think of you and smile every time I hear that song) and I also get stabby if you misuse an idiom. Really? You could care less? Because I COULDN'T. I couldn't care less because that's actually how that one goes. These things bother me more than errors in normal grammar and spelling, even though I am an editor by trade. Dork beats editor.


Today's NABLOPOMO prompt:
If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be? 

I'll answer this one later... maybe if I wasn't such a procrastinator...
Yeah, you see what I did right there? That's what I'd change.
Either that or I would have giant, blond naturally body-filled hair that I always dreamed of as a teenager. It would go so well with my dream job of blues guitarist from yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment