Thursday, November 01, 2012

NABLOPOMO 1: Quotes

The subtitle of this post is: the one where I go from doing daily posts for "Rawktober" and start doing daily posts for "National Blog Post Month."

Sub-subtitle of this post: because, clearly, I've got nothing better to do with my time.

NABLOPOMO 1: Tell us your favorite quotation and why.


How do you choose just one? There are so many great quotes that have made a difference to me.
When someone shows you who they are, believe them” 
from Maya Angelou comes to mind, because it took me a really long time to learn to watch a person’s actions and see if they match their words. Often, you learn a lot based on the incongruity.
Jumping for joy is good exercise” 
because it’s on my fridge, and my kids read it every day and at some point, it will sink in.
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling” 
goes along with this one, as they both remind us to focus on happiness, work hard to be happy.

And
I know for sure that all experiences contribute to who we’re meant to be” 
because we can’t undo our past; we can’t correct our mistakes; we can only learn from them and move forward, appreciate the lessons that we learned in those moments. It’s a choice, not always an easy choice to make, but I much prefer to learn from each and every experience when I can.

1 comment: