Tuesday, November 06, 2012

NABLOPOMO: If I were President

If you were President of the United States, what would be your first act in office? 

Wow; difficult question. I think my first official reaction would be to cry. Maybe to call my high school rival & say “neener-neener-neener!” or something equally juvenile.
I would order up breakfast in bed and mandate that a cup of coffee would be on my nightstand each and every morning right before my alarm goes off. Because that’s the kind of pull the leader of the free world should have.

I would want to sit in the Oval Office, alone and just walk all around the room, letting it all sink in.

Then, I would focus on putting an end to factory farming.
I would encourage all communities to find ways to source food locally.
Challenge states and cities to find unique ways to become healthier.
Put people before money.
Invest in the future of our country by investing in our health.
Seek out alternative energy sources.

And then get ready for day two.

2 comments:

  1. "Invest in the future of our country by investing in our health."
    Here here! I would also invest in our future by investing in our teachers. Oh, and a big hell yes to that cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here!
      Emily for VP! :)

      Delete