Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Not-so-Wordless Wednesday

I did a thing. A little thing called Listen To Your Mother. This is the first year the "national series of live readings by local writers in celebration of Mother's Day" has been in Oklahoma City and as soon as I found out about it, I wanted to be a part of it.

So I wrote up a script.
I went and auditioned.
I freaked out the day of the live table read.
I took a deep breath, regrouped and put on my big girl panties, metaphorically speaking.
And then I did it.
And here is video proof. But if you ever want to listen to the song "Feel Like Making Love" again and not have weird thoughts go through your head? Don't click the link.
Don't say I didn't warn you ...



I did it.
I can't believe I did it.
I did it.
Please go to the LTYM Show You Tube channel and watch all the videos. There are a lot of shows (24!) so it might take a while; don't worry, I'll wait.
Kidding!
But seriously, at some point, you have to go there and watch these amazing videos.
It was the 2012 show videos that drove me to be a part of this show.
And it was one of the most life-altering experiences of my life.
I am amazed to be counted among the numbers of these amazing women and men who shared their stories from all around the nation. I am thankful to be a sister to my amazing castmates, people who fast became treasured friends.
I'm overwhelmed and need to stop talking now because I feel like I'm puking up rainbows.

It's not a bad feeling. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. Great job! I'll think of this next time I take the kids to the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mari I loved your piece. So precious. I was hoping to just click on one link and do a rerun, but now I get it. I will soon be sharing to others. What a great impact you all made!

      Delete