Thursday, August 22, 2013

Video Blog #3: advice

Here is the third in the series of video blog posts that I've done for Oklahoma Women Bloggers. This one is focused on advice, and I've gotten and given a lot of good and bad advice over the years. I've thought about what to include over the past week and think I shared something that helped me a lot.
I thought about using advice I've given to my kids (too hard to narrow down), or that my parents have given me (much of it not followed). The advice I'd give to the younger me? Don't let someone else define you. I spent too much time worrying about what other people would think of me and bending my world to fit their definition of cool, that by the time I figured out that's what I was doing? I had no idea who I was.

Tried and true advice? Never go to bed angry? Pfft. Some nights, you'll never sleep if you do that! Some nights the arguments are so dumb, only a good night's sleep will fix them.

Instead, I'm sharing what is possibly the wisest advice I've ever heard.


3 comments:

  1. I am so guilty of taking on to much busy! Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with all of the advice you give, especially about never going to bed angry. I've never understood that one. Sometimes it helps to "sleep on it," give a problem some time. And sometimes a problem is easier to face and resolve in the light of a new day. As for the meditation advice, one of my favorite Bible verses is Psalm 46:10--Be still and know that I am God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that and I will take it to heart. I didn't know you guys were doing a video challenge. I need to pay better attention!

    ReplyDelete