Thursday, October 10, 2013

10-10-13: 10 Questions

It's quiz time! Well, not like a pop quiz or a difficult quiz, more like a find 10 questions that relate to your music library & then answer them. So, without further ado...

1. Song that always makes you happy?
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
2. Five most-played songs in your music library?*
1. New Wave - Against Me!
2. Smack My B**** Up - The Prodigy
3. Flag Pole Sitta - Harvey Danger
4. Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
5. Bad Reputation - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

* I had to dig through my top 40 to find songs that were not by either Rancid, The Transplants or Lars Frederiksen & the Bastards. Mayhaps I need to diversify a wee bit more? Whatever.
3. Favorite song, right now?
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
I sing this song every time I turn on the news and see the asshattery of Congress.
4. Favorite song of all time?
Time - Pink Floyd
5. Song you simply *must* dance to?
Push It! - Salt & Pepa
Honorable mention: any mid to late 80s through 90s dance-type music.
6. Song that reminds you of someone you love?
Band on the Run - Paul McCartney & Wings
7. Song with a specific memory?
What's Up - Four Non Blondes
I was 25 around the time this came out. This was my jam.
8. Karaoke song?
The Distance - Cake is currently planned
I've already tackled Georgia Satellites (Keep Your Hands to Yourself), Joan Jett (Bad Reputation), Soft Cell (Tainted Love) & Everclear (Santa Monica)
9. Song nobody would expect you to hate?
Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger
Worst. Song. Ever.
10. Favorite Christmas song?
Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano
Happiest song of the season!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Push it! Might have to give that a listen today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While Feliz Navidad is not my favorite Christmas song, it does qualify for #1--always makes me happy! #7 - Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison with lyrics slightly changed to "blue-eyed" girl. :-)
    (And thanks for "fixing" your blog so that I can respond.)

    ReplyDelete