Friday, October 04, 2013

10-4-13: Friday!

My life is an REM song. "Pop Song 89," to be specific:
Should we talk about the weather? Should we talk about the government?
Last night, before I went to bed, I checked my twitter feed to see what political hyperbole would fuel my angst-ridden dreams.

But lo; to my unfailing surprise, it wasn't the political hyperbole so much as it was the weather hyperbole that took center stage.

No rain, no rainbows.
Being that this is Oklahoma and the last bouts of weather are quite fresh in our minds, the people revolted. I had hoped that the excitement would wane over the course of the week, because starting on Monday, you could see how excited they would get while reporting the possibilities.

It was disconcerting.

I'm used to the weather hyperbole here, and understand that sometimes it's about giving warning because you'd rather be safe than sorry, and sometimes these things come sweeping down the plane and will surprise you in the most horrible way possible.

So we'll prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and listen to some songs about the weather and one song by the Tornadoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment