Monday, October 07, 2013

10-7-13: Celebrating Guilty Pleasures

Music guilty pleasures: we all have them, right? I don't think we should feel guilty about liking pretty much any music. Well, maybe if you like Ke$ha or something. But I wear my guilty pleasures out there, loud and proud. I've declared my love for Milli Vanilli before--unironically. I've endured my kids laughing at me when I've been listening to The Carpenters.

So you know I'm not lying.

I'll admit to rolling down the street with my kids, wailing "Tik Tok," with my kids, but they know that song because it was in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie so I didn't feel so bad about that. Plus it's catchy and funny and I had too much coffee that morning so whatever.

Don't judge.

You know you do it too.

If not to Ke$ha, then to something else. And I don't feel bad about singing along. In fact, I was struggling to think of a guilty pleasure song. But then it happened. Possibly the greatest guilty pleasure song of the post-Starland Vocal Band "Afternoon Delight" century: The Darkness and "I Believe in a Think Called Love."

It has everything to make a guilty pleasure song fit the genre of guilty pleasure: wailing falsetto, wailing guitars, big hair and bad special effects in the video. And unfortunately none of the other songs on that release hit the highs (lows?) of that song. At least not for me.

Don't hide your guilty pleasures. If music makes you happy? Roll down the windows, turn it up and sing along.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:14 PM

    I contain a lot of dramatists employed on few specifys on how to acquire a essaymania going. We bear been researching on composition essays the outdo street practicable so that we do nay dismay some consumers we acquire. Some gratuitys you can provide us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think there is some scribe who resolution rushessays for unrestrained? I impartial wish advice, negative a integral document further I don’t think it should expense the unchanging or flat expense anything for that thing.

    ReplyDelete